Season 3, Episode 16
THE DATA HOARDER
This week we have a 100 minute premium episode answering all of your excellent questions about subjects such as:
– Banks and sentiment
– AQG / SSR merger
– Stanmore Coal acquisition offer
– Buying more when the price drops below the buy line
– Using a 5 yr/weekly chart to help fine tune your trend lines
– Using the checklist to score LICs
– Holding back on the retail sector
– Thoughts about oil glut and prices affecting Oil/Coal companies
– During previous times of volatility (like GFC or dot com bust) did Tony notice a similar increases in buy/sell activity?
– How Tony stages his entry into a position
– How he regression tests the results/model
– The buy line for OSH
– SFC sell price and recent update on their financials
– How Tony decides what percentage of his capital to invest when he BUY stocks such as MQG
– How to analyse the TGP graph
– Why the TRS, WPL and MQG charts are different
– and Tony also introduces his new magic 3PTL maths.
IF YOU WANT TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE SHOW & LISTEN TO A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE INVESTOR TALK TO YOU ABOUT HOW HE THINKS ABOUT STOCKS FOR A FULL HOUR EVERY WEEK….
Bill Liao was one of Australia’s original tech entrepreneurs. Today he’s a Partner at SOS Ventures in Ireland where it manages their investments in life science startups. He’s also a passionate social entrepreneur who has founded a number of important charities. We invited him on to chat about how a VC values a tech startup.
This week we talk about why volatility and risk are not the same thing and why we embrace volatility in our portfolio. We also discuss how the ATO treats “investors” versus “traders”, the HAW dividend / capital return, and more!