Season 2, Episode 10
Tons of questions this week from club members about how to invest during a market correction. And as the market is still in free fall, we don’t bother with a stock analysis. So we just spend 90 minutes answering your excellent questions, including:
- Should we only invest in companies on CommSec’s lending list?
- How should we use the three point trend line process when it shows a signal to buy after a sharp drop in price?
- How to hold your nerve and make informed decisions in current market conditions being a beginner?
- Do we ignore intangibles (eg Goodwill) in Net Equity?
- How does Price-to-Book Ratio play a role in our QAV score?
- What does Tony do when the inputs to the QAV score are obviously out dated?
- How to start a new portfolio from scratch today?
- Warren Buffett has changed his strategy over the years. Is Tony’s strategy more like early or late Buffett?
- How does return on equity factor into the QAV score?
IF YOU WANT TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE SHOW & LISTEN TO A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE INVESTOR TALK TO YOU ABOUT HOW HE THINKS ABOUT STOCKS FOR A FULL HOUR EVERY WEEK….
Listen to Free Episode
On this episode we talk about why we are not trying to compete with APT investors; Tony’s recent stock buys and analysis; how he uses his “watch list” and why we’ve changed its name to the “buy list”; we we’re still manually calculating the price-to-cash ratio instead of using Stock Doctor’s figure; improved wording on how to draw a three point trend SELL line; and why sometimes a stock with great numbers might have a falling knife.
Tony’s stock broker of 25+ years, Alex Hay, a partner at broking firm EL&C Baillieu, joins us again today to talk about the different kinds of buy & sell orders and how to use them. Outside of that, Tony and I also talk about our dummy portfolio, which made it back into the black, and some excel formula errors we’ve picked up recently in the checklist.