Best Value Investing Resources (Australia)
The QAV Value Investing team are always looking for more ways to pick up great ideas that we can add into our investing methodology. Below is an updated list for 2020 of those we find most useful.
Top Australian Value Investors
- Roger Montgomery (@rjmontgomery) – Tony has been a fan of Roger’s work for over a decade and we were pleased to have him on our show as a guest.
- Forager Funds (@ForagerFunds) are an Australian asset management company who focus on value stocks.
- Gareth Brown (@forager_gareth) from Forager
- Michael Glennon (@misterglennon) from Glennon Capital.
- Michael Goldberg, Collins St Value Fund (@collinsstvaluefund)
- Richard Ivers, Prime Value (@primevalue1)
Value Investing newsletters
- Forager Funds have a great value investing newsletter.
- Glennon Capital are another value investing fund that have a great newsletter.
- The Heilbrunn Center for Graham & Dodd Investing
- Warren Buffett Watch Newsletter
Value Investing Podcasts/Videos/other
- Of course we have to mention our own QAV Value Investing podcast.
- Also check out this list of Top 15 Value Investing Podcasts (which we’re in)
- Roger Montgomery puts out a regular show, often interviews he does on radio and other podcasts.
- Value Investing With Legends Podcast by Columbia Business School
- Here are lots of CNBC video interviews with Warren Buffett
- A great documentary about Warren Buffett
- Phil Muscatello has some great guests on his Shares For Beginners podcast, including Tony and Roger Montgomery
General Value Investing Twitter accounts
- GuruFocus (@gurufocus) promotes itself as “the premier site for value investors” (US based).
- GrahamandDoddsville (@GnDsville)
Value Investing books
- Buffett: The Making Of An American Capitalist by Roger Lowenstein
- The Most Important Thing: uncommon sense for the thoughtful investor by Howard Marks
- One Up On Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market by Peter Lynch
- Value.able by Roger Montgomery
- Buffettology:The Previously Unexplained Techniques That Have Made Warren Buffett the World’s Most Famous Investor by Mary Buffett, David Clark
- Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders by Max Olson
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Invest Like a Guru: How to Generate Higher Returns At Reduced Risk With Value Investing by Charlie Tian
Compound Interest Table Spreadsheet
Dollar Cost Averaging Calculator
A handy resource for beginner investors wondering how much they should save up before they buy.
What have we missed?
If you know of a great value investing resource, then let us know! Especially if it’s related to value investing in Australia.