Today “St Anthony” answers your questions, reveals the true cost of sending kids to private school, and explains how he approaches raising a wealthy child.
Our guest this week is Michael Dee from Pythagoras Investing – www.PythagorasInvesting.com. His tool “predicts the timing of upcoming share events and their positive or negative price effects.”
This week we have a 100 minute premium episode answering all of your excellent questions about subjects such as:
– banks and sentiment
– AQG / SSR merger
– Stanmore Coal acquisition offer
– Buying more when the price drops below the buy line
– Using a 5 yr/weekly chart to help fine tune your trend lines
– using the checklist to score LICs
– holding back on the retail sector
– thoughts about oil glut and prices affecting Oil/Coal companies
– During times of volatility (like GFC or dot com bust) did Tony notice a similar increase in buy/sell?
– How Tony stages his entry into a position
– How he regression test the results/model
– The buy line for OSH
– SFC sell price and recent update on their financials
– How does Tony decides what percentage of his capital to invest when he BUY stocks such as MQG
– How to analyse the TGP graph
– Why the TRS, WPL and MQG charts are different
– and Tony also introduces his new magic 3PTL maths.
Nicholas Gruen is an economist, entrepreneur and commentator. He is CEO of Lateral Economics. He spoke to us recently about Modern Monetary Theory and the short-term future of the Australian economy.
Tony talks about some of his recent “musings” regarding bank stocks and comparing the results of his analysis of using Stock Doctor filters versus our three-point trend lines. Then we talk about his reasons for our recent portfolio buys and sells.